This is the “Mom’s Kitchen Limited Edition KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer,” as found on Chefs Catalog. The description reads “Beautifully hand-painted, this limited edition KitchenAid stand mixer is the gift of a lifetime, honoring Mom’s dedicated work in the kitchen!”
Ok. Moms should be honored for the work that they do - for their dedication in all rooms of the house, in all aspects that they positively touch in the lives of their children.
Limiting that honor to the kitchen, to the June Cleaver-esque motif, to a pink stand mixer with a cute cupcake on it? Playing up the gender bias? No thanks.
In the alt universe where I’m a mom (I’m laughing as I type this), if I were to desire a stand mixer because I’m flexing all sorts of culinary prowess or something, I hope that my children would buy me one in flat black, with a big fat skull and crossbones on it. Get it right, kids.
- white--lighters likes this
- penguinbuddy likes this
- obsessionsofadorkmind likes this
- darktenshi17 reblogged this from afragmentcastadrift and added:
- arbryna likes this
- apocalisse likes this
- freestylesmiles likes this
- filantestar likes this
- filantestar reblogged this from afragmentcastadrift
- the-duelling-tophat likes this
- siawrites reblogged this from afragmentcastadrift and added:
- afragmentcastadrift posted this